Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Happy Anniversary

It's not really our anniversary, but we are 4 months down (yay!) with "just"11 to go. So far, we're doing pretty good. We're not the couple that spends time fighting on the phone ( it is not uncommon to overhear soldiers having long distance phone squabbles or email fights with their wife). I think one of the reasons that K. and I do not struggle with this is because we communicate well with one another and we take the time to edify, encourage, and re-assure one another. One way he does this is by sending cards to me. The only "problem" is that there is such a limited selection of cards he has access to that I tend to get birthday and anniversary cards all the time, even when it isn't my birthday and we haven't even reached our first anniversary yet. I'm saving the cards. I'm sure I'll look back fondly at all of the "birthdays" and "anniversaries" that we spent apart this deployment.
Happy Anniversary to you too, honey.

No comments: