Wednesday, June 6, 2007

How Would CNN Report the D-Day Landings?

Today is the anniversary of the epic Normandy invasion. If the D-Day landings at Normandy happened today, how would today's media portray it? The Combat Report's "PNN" news reports:

i

As a person with a longstanding interest in all things military history, my trip to the Normandy Beaches was a haunting, emotional, absolutely unforgettable experience. As I began my D-Day explorations, I was compelled to drive my tiny little car out into the lush Normandy countryside. Here's is the very first photo I snapped of a monument to the paratroopers of the 82nd Airborne Division in that field. Little did I know that this little photo would be one of those little coincidences that brought me and my husband together (both he and his father are paratroopers with 82nd Airborne ties).

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: